GrainsConnect Canada is seeking an Operations Manager in Maymont, Saskatchewan
Are you interested in joining our game-changing supply chain in Maymont, Saskatchewan? Reporting directly to
the General Manager, our new Operations Manager will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an
agriculture environment including extensive knowledge of grain handling.
Key objectives include a safe and healthy environment for everyone at the location; clean, efficient and
well-maintained physical facilities; excellent customer service; and positive working relationships with
colleagues and business partners.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Health and Safety policies and best practices including compliance with
Occupational, Health and Safety requirements, environmental standards and all industry regulatory
requirements and grading standards
- Supervise Operations Team's daily activities to ensure grain is graded, handled and stored to maximize
blending opportunities and meet sales, shipping and customer service requirements
- Work with Grain Merchants to optimize grain volumes and maximize productivity
- Manage operating expenses within job scope to help meet or exceed operating budget targets
- Coach, manage and mentor direct reports to create a positive and high performance team culture
- Promote effective communications and collaborative working relationships between management, staff and
corporate head office
- Ensure all key processes are well documented, conform with best practices and are followed by operations
Education, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business objectives in a leadership position at a Grain Elevator
- Excellent team leadership skills, particularly with respect to coaching and performance management
- Extensive knowledge of physical plant management and grain handling
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff,
colleagues, farmers and business partners
- Excellent organizational skills
- Five or more years of related experience in an agriculture environment
GrainsConnect offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career.
GrainsConnect is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. All inquiries will be treated with the strictest of
Interested applicants should forward their resume to Joyce Dorais.